Windows XP Product Keys 2018 [100% Working Activation Serial Keys]: Windows XP was developed by Microsoft and was released in 2001. It was succeeded by Windows Vista. Windows XP received positive reviews with its users, with critics noting increased performance, a more intuitive user interface, improved hardware support, and its expanded multimedia capabilities. It came with its Windows XP product key. It is a 3rd most popular version of Windows. This comes with its Windows XP product keys.
- 1 Windows XP Product Keys 2018 [100% Working Activation Serial Keys]
- 1.1 100% Working Windows XP Product Keys 2018
- 1.2 How to Activate Windows XP?
- 1.3 Do you need a Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit key?
- 1.4 Steps To find out which version of Windows your computer is running.
- 1.5 How to Find the Windows XP Product Key?
- 1.6 How to Extract Windows XP Product Keys using a key finder program?
- 1.7 How to Change a Windows XP Product Key?
- 1.8 How to Change a Multiple Keys?
Windows XP Product Keys 2018 [100% Working Activation Serial Keys]
When you buy a genuine Windows XP, you get a genuine Windows product key. These free product key for Windows XP will help to make sure that you are using genuine Windows.
When you receive this 25 digit Windows XP product keys, you have to follow a process to activate the windows in your system.
100% Working Windows XP Product Keys 2018
Below you will find how you can activate your Windows XP with a free product key for Windows XP.
How to Activate Windows XP?
Follow the steps correctly to activate Windows XP.
- Click on the start button on Windows XP after installation.
- Then in option, my computers go to properties and click on it.
- Check windows activation and click on change product key, then press ok.
- Then copy or type Windows XP product and paste it into the activation box. Then press ok.
- Now you are done by entering your activation key.
- Press OK and restart the system to use your Windows XP uninterrupted.
Above is the process how you can use your genuine windows. It’s always better to use genuine windows than a copy, as genuine windows do not create any problems or interruption. Genuine Windows come with full support from its manufacturer Microsoft. So if your budget allows always go for genuine windows and genuine product keys which will help you to get best out of the product.
Windows XP has two types of licensing agreements.
- VOL (Volume Licensing for Organization)
- VLK (Volume Licensing Key)
If you have a copy of the Windows XP CD/DVD and you notice “VOL” written on it, you don’t need a Windows XP product key. You can install your copy of Windows without providing a serial key. On the other hand, if “VLK” is written on your Windows CD/DVD, you have a retail edition of the operating system. You need to provide your genuine Windows XP product key to install the operating system.
Do you need a Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit key?
Should you use a serial key for Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit edition?
Windows XP was released for both 32-bit and 64-bit computers.
The bits (32 or 64) refer to your CPU’s architecture. If you have a 32-bit processor, you can only install a 32-bit operating system – Windows XP 32-bit, in this case. If you have a 64-bit processor, your CPU can handle a larger amount of memory and you should install the Windows XP 64-bit version.
When Windows XP launched, the majority of PCs were using 32-bit hardware. It meant that 90% of computers were equipped to run a 32-bit operating system at that time. However, you might have a 64-bit edition of Windows XP running on your PC.
Steps To find out which version of Windows your computer is running.
- Click on the Start button in Windows
- Open System from the Start menu
- Right-click on Computer and click on Properties
- Now go to the System tab
- Here you can see the system type
How to Find the Windows XP Product Key?
If you’re preparing to reinstall Windows XP then you’ll need to locate your copy of the Windows XP product key – also known as the CD key. Normally this product key is on a sticker on your computer or located with the manual that came with Windows XP.
If you’ve lost your hard copy of the product key, don’t worry. While it is located in the registry it’s encrypted and not readable, making finding it difficult. Also Manually locating the Windows XP product key is nearly impossible because of the various encryptions that Microsoft uses. Therefore, your only options are the following.
How to Extract Windows XP Product Keys using a key finder program?
The first method to find the Windows XP product key is to use a key finder program. For this method to work, you need to install your copy of Windows on your computer using a stock key. Once Windows boots, you can follow the instructions below.
- Download a free product key finder program that supports Windows XP
- Install the program on Windows XP
- Run the key finder program. Follow any instructions provided by the software and click on the “Find Serial Number” button. Most product key finders are really easy to use. With Belarc Advisor, finding the CD key is as easy as installing and running the program. The results will open in your default web browser, and the product key is found under the Software Licenses section.
- The program will display the serial number on the screen. The numbers and letters displayed by the key finder program represent the Windows XP product key. The product key should be formatted like xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx – five sets of five letters and numbers.
- Write down this serial number/product key code down exactly as the program displays it to you for use when reinstalling Windows XP.
Important: If even one character is written down incorrectly, the installation of Windows XP that you attempt with this product key will fail. Be sure to transcribe the key exactly.
How to Change a Windows XP Product Key?
You can use the Windows Activation Wizard graphical user interface (GUI) or a Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) script. The Activation Wizard method is easier, but if you must change the product key for multiple computers, the script method is better.
- Click start in the bottom left corner, then click run.
- Type ‘Regedit’ in the white text field, and click OK. This should open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following registry key.
- Right-click ‘OOBETimer’, in that registry key that you just navigated to and then click
- Change one or more digits to anything random.
- Click start and then click run.
- Paste ‘%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a’, in the white text field,.
- Select ‘Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to activate Windows’,
then click next.
- Click “Change Product key”
- Type the new product key into the small white text fields and then click update.
- Check that you get a message similar to ‘You have successfully activated your copy of
Windows.’, if you do, restart your computer, and you’re done!
- Make sure you are connected to the internet in this process!
How to Change a Multiple Keys?
- Download the Windows Key Updater Tool.
- Run the .exe file
- Click Next. This tool will scan your system for any inconsistency or errors. Wait for the scan to finish.
- Type in the new product key. You might be required to activate your system again.
- Restart your computer. This will allow the changes to take place. You might be required to activate your system again.