Windows 8.1 Product Keys 2018 [100% Working Windows 8.1 Activation Serial Keys]: Windows 8.1 is the successor to Windows 8 operating system by Microsoft. It has all new features of Windows 8 and updating to Windows 8.1 is free for the users who are using windows 8. It had updated features than Windows 8, which made it attractive to the users. To run Windows 8.1 we need windows 8.1 activation key.
The windows key is a 25-character code that’s used to activate windows on your computer. It looks like this: XXXXX-XXXXX- XXXXX-XXXXX- XXXXX. This Activation helps verify that your copy hasn’t been used on more PCs than the Microsoft Software Terms allow. Even if you have genuine windows, but you do not have a windows 8.1 product key, you won’t be able to run your Windows 8.1 on your PC. So windows 8.1 serial keys for both 32-64 bit are very important part of windows and you must obtain it to get going.
- 1 Windows 8.1 Product Keys 2018 [100% Working Windows 8.1 Activation Serial Keys]
- 1.1 List of Windows 8.1 Product/Serial Keys 2018
- 1.2 Windows 8.1 DVD Keys
- 1.3 Windows 8.1 Ultimate Product Keys
- 1.4 Windows 8.1 Pro Product Key
- 1.5 Windows 8.1 Enterprise Keys
- 1.6 Windows 8.1 Serial Keys
- 1.7 Windows 8.1 (Core | Multiple Editions) Keys
- 1.8 Advantages of the BIOS embedded product key
- 1.9 Disadvantages of setting product keys in the BIOS
- 1.10 Activating Windows 8.1
- 1.11 Recovering a Lost Key
Windows 8.1 Product Keys 2018 [100% Working Windows 8.1 Activation Serial Keys]
If you want to install Windows 8.1 on your pc, your pc has minimum requirements:
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32 bit and 2 GB (64 bit)
- CPU: 1 gigahertz (GHz)
- HDD: 16 GB (32 bit) or 20 GB (64 bit)
- VGA: Microsoft DirectX 9
If you install Windows 8, you can upgrade to 8.1 free.
List of Windows 8.1 Product/Serial Keys 2018
Windows 8.1 DVD Keys
KQWNF-XPMXP- HDK3M-GBV69- Y7RDH
MMRNH-BMB4F- 87JR9-D72RY- MY2KV
N4WY8-DVW92- GM8WF-CG872- HH3G7
ND8P2-BD2PB- DD8HM-2926R- CRYQH
Windows 8.1 Ultimate Product Keys
NTTX3-RV7VB- T7X7F-WQYYY- 9Y92F
Windows 8.1 Pro Product Key
3FCND-JTWFM- 24VQ8-QXTMB- TXT67
GX9N8-4H2FH- D987T-BQ9GK- XKT67
KKPMN-469HY- H6V43-T8VX2- 8W8XV
T3NJK-3P683- 2T7BJ-2X27F- 8B2KV
DNJXJ-7XBW8- 2378T-X22TX- BKG7J
MBFBV-W3DP2- 2MVKN-PJCQD- KKTF7
6RH4V-HNTWC- JQKG8-RFR3R- 36498
4Y8N3-H7MMW- C76VJ-YD3XV- MBDKV
28VNV-HF42G- K2WM9-JXRJQ- 2WBQW
Windows 8.1 Enterprise Keys
MHF9N-XY6XB- WVXMC-BTDCT- MKKG7
Windows 8.1 Serial Keys
TGXN4-BPPYC- TJYMH-3WXFK- 4JMQH
N9C46-MKKKR- 2TTT8-FJCJP- 4RDG7
Q4NBQ-3DRJD- 777XK-MJHDC- 749T7
4NMMK-QJH7K- F38H2-FQJ24- 2J8XV
84NRV-6CJR6- DBDXH-FYTBF- 4X49V
D7KN2-CBVPG- BC7YC-9JDVJ- YPWXV
3NHJ7-3WWQK- 4RFTH-8FHJY- PRYQH
988NM-XKXT9- 7YFWH-H2Q3Q- C34DH
2VTNH-323J4- BWP98-TX9JR- FCWXV
Windows 8.1 (Core | Multiple Editions) Keys
Windows 8 has become a very popular Operating System among Windows users. However, Microsoft has made things a little different for its users. Previously, the product key on a computer that had a pre-installed Operating System was printed on a sticker. For laptops, the sticker was placed on the bottom of the laptop near the battery compartment. On desktops, this sticker could be found on the side of the computer. However, Microsoft has decided to do things a bit differently by embedding the product key of the new Windows 8 Operating System in the BIOS of the computer. This move will affect the user in a number of ways as there are various advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of the BIOS embedded product key
- The first advantage that the user will get from this is that they do not need to look for the product key each time they need to reinstall Windows. In the past, when reinstalling the OS, the user had to look for the original key and input it before proceeding with the installation. This could sometimes be difficult for some users. The Certificate of Authentication sticker could wear out, and the digits would become difficult to read. In fact, the digits were sometimes too small to read. However, since the key is now embedded in the BIOS, the OS will recognize it immediately and proceed with installation without requesting for this activation information.
- Users can now be sure that they are getting genuine Windows products. In the past, people would sell pirated OS and use a generic product key. However, after a while, the user would get a notification that their product is not genuine. This means that they would not get support or updates from Microsoft. However, if it is set in the BIOS, they will not need to get a generic product key from an untrustworthy source.
- Microsoft itself will benefit a lot from this. In the past, people used to share product keys. This increased the opportunities for copyright infringement and piracy. However, if the activation details are embedded in the BIOS, they cannot be used by another computer. This will reduce the instances of piracy and sharing of activation details.
Disadvantages of setting product keys in the BIOS
- The fact that the activation details cannot be used on any other computer could be disadvantageous for some users. For example, in case the PC or laptop dies or the motherboard stops functioning, the Operating System dies with it. This means that they cannot attempt to reinstall the system after they replace the motherboard. This is because the activation details were locked in the original BIOS.
- Also, each key is tied to a PC. Therefore, if a PC dies, and the owner is forced to buy a new one, they will have to buy another OS as well. They will not be able to use the installation disc that they already have on this new computer.
- This new route that Microsoft has taken has both advantages and disadvantages. However, unless one damages their computer or motherboard, they will be able to enjoy the use of the OS without any problems.
Activating Windows 8.1
- Open the Activation window. Open the Activation window.
- Enter your product key. Enter the key that you either recovered, received with your Windows purchase, or is affixed to your computer on a sticker. Windows will automatically attempt to activate as soon as the key is entered.
- Try the Command Prompt. If the steps above don’t work, you can try to enter the key through an elevated Command Prompt. Press ⊞ Win+X and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- Type slmgr.vbs /ipk XXXXX-XXXXX- XXXXX-XXXXX- XXXXX and press ↵
Enter, replacing the XXXXXs with your product key. Be sure to include the dashes. A
window should appear saying “Installed product key XXXXX successfully.”
- Type slmgr.vbs /ato and press ↵ Enter. A window should appear saying “Activating Windows(R) Your Edition”. After a moment, if activation was successful, it will say
“Product activated successfully”.
- Call Microsoft if you still can’t activate. If you are still having activation issues, you can call the Microsoft automated activation service. To find the number for your area, press ⊞ Win+R and type slui 4. This will open the window with the contact information as well as your installation ID.
- Make sure to copy down the installation ID, as you will need to enter it over the phone.
It’s long but necessary to identify your computer.
Recovering a Lost Key
- Download a key retrieval program. Your Windows Product key is buried in the registry, but it can be easily extracted by using a free key retrieval program. Two of the most popular options are ProductKey and Key Finder.
- Both of these programs are free and can be downloaded from the developer’s websites. Both offers paid versions, but your Windows key can be retrieved with the free version.
- Start the key retrieval program. You typically will not need to install the program. Simply run it and a list of available keys will be displayed. Find the “Windows” entry to find your key.
- Write the key down or copy it. Your key will be listed as “Product Key” or “CD Key”. The Windows Product Key is 25 characters split into five groups of five characters each.