Instant Pot Ultra Reviews, Specifications & Features – Instant Pot Ultra is one of the latest Instant Pot Model. It is 10-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Cooker for a greater degree of customization and control for even greater precision cooking. It speeds up cooking by 2~6 times making it extremely energy-efficient, while, preserving nutrients and preparing healthy, tasty dishes. The ‘Ultra’ provides complete custom programming for pressure and non-pressure cooking.
Instant Pot Ultra Reviews, Specifications & Features
It has three models:
- Duo Plus Mini(3-quart 700W)
- Duo Plus 6(6-quart 1000W)
- Duo Plus 8(8-quart 1200W).
The Ultra combines the functions of a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Sauté/Searing, Steamer, Warmer, Sterilizer, and, truly new and unique feature, the Ultra program.
Instant Pot Ultra Specifications
|Type||Electric Pressure Cooker|
|Working Pressure||High Pressure (10.2 – 11.6 psi) & Low Pressure (5.8 – 7.2 psi)|
|Functions||Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer, Warmer, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sterilizer|
|Cooking Programs||Rice, Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Multigrain, Porridge, Cake, Egg, Sterilize, Steam, Saute, Slow Cook, Yogurt, Pressure Cook, Warm, Ultra|
|Safety Mechanisms||11 UL Certified Proven Safety Mechanisms|
|Power Supply||120V ~ 60Hz|
|Dimensions||12.6 x 12.2 x 13 inches|
|Power Supply Cord||0.6m – 0.9m, detached, 3-prong grounding plug|
|Weight||15.7 lbs (7.12 kg)|
|Inner Pot||3-ply Bottom Food Grade 304 (18/8) Stainless Steel|
|Accessories||Steamer Rack, Rice Paddle, Soup Scoop, Rice Measuring Cup, Condensation Collector|
|Warranty||1-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
It has built-in 14 smart programs such as Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Egg, Slow Cook, Sauté/Searing, Rice, Porridge, Steam, Sterilize, Yogurt, Warm, Pressure Cook, and Ultra.
Instant Pot Ultra Design
On the back of the lid, there is a steam, release valve and a steam release reset button. For older instant pot models you need to turn the venting knob from venting position to sealing position to seal the instant pot but with instant pot ultra’s automatic sealing system the steam release valve will seal automatically when close the lid. Simply turn the Quick Release Button up to seal the lid. Simply turn clockwise quick release button to seal the Steam Release Valve and to release pressure press down the Quick Release Button.
The ‘Ultra’ is designed with a large, blue LCD display with a ‘Cooking Indicator’ providing one a visual on the progress of your dish from preheating, through the cooking phase, and Keep Warm. The LCD display has 3 pushable buttons: Start button, cancel button and pushable dial. It also has many smart programs for smart cooking such as Ultra program, Sterilize program, Egg program, Altitude Adjustment, Large, blue LCD display with a Progress Indicator, Dual pressure settings, and Quick & Easy Program Adjustments.
There is a central dial with a simple spin and tap interface that allows to select and adjust the program. The spin-and-tap interface works for both beginners and experienced cook. With help of dial, you can increase cooking temperature by twisting the dial. It also allows you to make detailed custom programs, selecting the cook time, pressure level, exact temperature, length of the delay timer, and whether or not to switch to “keep warm” at the end of the cooking cycle. You can also customize each program and create your own detailed programs without the use of an app, with Instant Pot Ultra.
The Altitude adjustment will automatically increase the cook time for all the programmed cooking times and will speed up the cooking time.
Instant Pot Ultra has introduced Ultra mode cooking program and three new cooking programs such as egg, cake and sterilize. With Ultra mode you have full control over pressure and non-pressure cooking conditions. The temperature for non-pressure cooking programs includes low, medium, and high. Besides selecting low, medium and high Instant pot also allows you to select your own temperature settings according to your needs and has following modes:
‘Keep warm mode’ will hold the temperature of the meal until you are ready to serve and you can easily turn the ‘keep warm’ function on/off, Yogurt mode.
‘Saute mode’ for searing, simmering or thickening for a maximum time of 30 minutes.
‘Slow cook Mode or Ultra mode’ to complete the task of a common slow cooker.
The 24-hour delay start allows users to postpone the cooking start to have dinner ready when you are.
There is a dishwasher-safe stainless steel instant cooking pot at the bottom of the instant pot which as measurement marks to fill levels for pressure cooked food
How does Instant Pot work?
Instant Pot Ultra is developed with the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor. During the cooking process, the microprocessor monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration.
The fully sealed environment traps the flavors, nutrients, and aromas of the food instead of releasing them throughout the home. During pressure-cooking, heat is distributed evenly, deeply and quickly once pressure is built.
Instant Pot Ultra Features
The Instant Pot ULTRA new features include…
- Dial Interface – It helps to navigate through all the options by spinning the dial and tapping it to select them.
- Cooking progress indicator – It will clearly display the cooking states and progress such as Preheat, Cooking and Keep Warm.
- Custom Programming – It offers programs to choose pressure/temp, whether to delay cooking and for how long, and weather keep-warm at the end of the cooking time.
- Settings “Memory” – It will remember all the settings from previous use, including time, pressure/temperature.
- Self-closing weighted valve- It will automatically reset to the ‘sealing’ position for pressure cooking when you open or close the lid.
- Sound Off – the ability to turn off all button-press and alert beeps.
- Altitude adjustment –It allows to increase cooking time for all the programmed cooking times and to ensure the cooker does not time-out before cooking at high altitudes can commence.
- Dual Sensors – It contains both temperature and pressure sensors for more accurate readings.
- 2 pressure settings – For full-power or delicate pressure cooking.
- 3 slow cooker settings + custom temp– For versatility, choose to slow cook at low, medium high or a custom-set temperature.
- 3 saute’ settings + custom temp– For versatility, choose to slow cook at low, medium high or a custom-set temperature.
- Stainless Steel Inner Pot – unlike most electric pressure cooker food cooks- is stainless steel with a 3-ply base with aluminum sandwich
- Lid-Holding Handles – no need to figure out where to put a hot steamy lid. Just stick it in the handle.
Check also – Intapot Reviews
UL & UC Certified Security Features
It protects you with built-in 11 proven safety technologies:
- Anti-Blockage Vent –will prevent food debris from blocking the vent.
- Automatic temperature control- will regulate temperature based on the type of program being selected.
- Safety Lid Lock – prevents accidental opening of the cooker while it is pressurized – even without electricity.
- Lid Position Detection– monitors whether the lid is properly sealed for pressure cooking.
- Temperature Sensor– monitor the temperature of cooking and ensures that it remains in a safe range.
- Burn Protection –It will prevent food from burning during heat-up, saute’, keep warm and other programs, avoids burning food.
- Pressure Sensor – keeps pressure always in the safe range.
- Electrical current and temperature fuse– cuts off power if the current or internal temperature exceeds safety limits.
- Pressure protection releases excess pressure into internal chamber in a dangerous situation.
- Smart detection of lthe eaky lid –It will detect the leakage in case of steam release is in the open position
- Quick Release Button –It will automatically reset the Ultra to the sealing position when you open or close the lid if the button is in the venting position.
Instant Pot Ultra In the box Accessories?
The Instant Pot Ultra comes with a Steamer Rack, Rice Paddle, Soup Scoop, Rice Measuring Cup, Condensation Collector, Quick Reference Guide, Recipe Book, and the Newly Designed Manual.
Instant Pot Ultra is the newest model in the family of Instant Pot. It has come with newly added features and also improvements over previous models. I personally like the spin and tap interface.
Also the automatic sealing system so you do not forget to seal the pot. It has good flexibility and versatility of the customization.