- 1 What is an Emulator?
- 2 Top 10 Best iOS emulators for Windows PC
- 3 Some Latest Updates Of iOS Emulators
What is an Emulator?
In simple terms to emulate means to “match” or try to be like someone else.
In Technological terms, an emulator is a hardware or software that permits program written for one kind of computer to be used on another kind of computer.
It emulates the application to run on any platform with help of the emulator. In short, emulators create an atmosphere on several operating systems like ios, Android, Mac, Windows etc.
IOS emulator will create an environment to run IOS applications and games on Windows Pc without Apple products.
These emulators follow the concept of virtualization technology. Such technology is responsible for developing virtual machines. These devices are capable of running
iOS applications on Windows computers. With emulators, you can test run your applications while developing them and debug
How will you use iOS Emulator on Windows PC?
- Find an emulator of the game you are wanting to play on your computer
- Once you find it, download it. Do check it does not infect your computer with viruses.
- Now you need to download a ROM for that particular video game console you wish to emulate.
- ROM file mostly comes in compressed formats such as ZIP or RAR. Extract/Install it.
- Some emulators have a folder set as default for games, so make sure the ROM the file goes into that folder.
- Pick the game you wish to play and Enjoy it.
We can also upgrade them with help of SDK. The IOS emulators are user-friendly as they are incredibly easy to use and install.
Advantages Of Using iOS Emulator
- Compatibility with older systems.
- The emulator controller translates the codes of software application it has to work with, which means emulator is 100% software compatible with the existing system.
- Also, it is easy to install as a hard disk drive as some have configuration settings on one side but the configuration panel of the emulator is similar to hard disk panel. So emulator is also hardware compatible
- Less space is required.
- Emulators are 75% smaller than old generation hard disk drives.
- Consuming cost is reduced.
- Emulators consume 90% less electricity than old hardware.
- No break down.
- Emulators are fitted out with internal “bad block management” so that the emulator break down rates are very very low.
- Thermal Emission is Reduced.
- Less air conditioning power is required when using an emulator instead of usual hard disk drives.
- No huge investment
- Emulators strengthen the former IT system. You only need to replace dysfunctional peripherals with emulators instead of replacing entire IT system. No need to invest in rand new IT system .Huge savings are made with emulators.
Disadvantages Of iOS Emulator
- It consumes a lot of RAM, thus disturbs while working on other applications.
- Running a High-End game on IOS emulator will not work correctly.
- Inability to access certain pieces of the main system’s hardware.
Purpose Of iOS emulator
- Run on multiple devices containing the same operating system.
- Find major issues in your application during early testing and design stage.
- Test builds iOS applications during the development process.
Top 10 Best iOS emulators for Windows PC
The following are some of the best emulators that can help us to run iOS apps on PC.
- Smartface is great iPhone application emulator and tester that helps develop cross-platform native iOS applications.
- It is a full-featured enterprise mobility management platform that reduces cost, increases productivity, removes dependency and provides strategic mobility solutions.
- Download Smartface iOS Emulator
Air iPhone Emulator
- Air iPhone creates virtual iPhone on your Windows PC which allows you to see the actual screen.
- It replicates the iPhone’s Graphical User Interface.
- To run Air iPhone you’ll need the AIR framework for the application to the program.
- Download Air iPhone Emulator
- MobiOne Studio is an iPhone simulator for Windows cum emulator for iOS which works for developing cross-platform mobile apps for iOS and Android systems.
- Its apps are built on HTML 5 hybrid native app model by means of Cordova/ PhoneGap open source framework.
- With MobiOne you can build status notifications on the desktop, share app and web app links via email.
- Download MobiOne Studio
- It is a Google Chrome extension that works as a cloud OS and a simulator in Chrome browser.
- This extension provides you an iPad screen on your desktop.
- The key features of this Chrome extension are:
- Get Siri without an iPad
- Access everything in the cloud
- Organize your cloud desktop with your preferred iPad apps
- Simple and elegant iPad interface
- Multi-tasking in iPad simulator
- App.io is one of the best application that’s easy to navigate. You simply need to sync your iOS app pack with the App.io and then you can easily stream your app via App.io to any of your cloud storage devices from Windows PC, Mac, Tablet, to Android.
- It works best with Android mobile phones as you do not need to configure any hardware additionally as the apps downloaded via the cloud.
- App.io gives you the feel and the appearance of an Apple device for free along with the identical looking, keyword, menus and more.
- Download App.io
- iPadian is a free iPad simulator for PCs running Windows XP or higher.
- Before installing iPadian on your PC, make sure to install Adobe Air on your PC.
- It overlays itself on your desktop and requires no installation, you simply download the file, extract the archive and run the ipadian.exe file.
- It launches an alternative desktop that looks and feels like an iPad home screen.
- Download iPadian
- This emulator is mainly developed for the testing purpose.
- When it comes to this Ripple emulator, you can easily find in the Google Chrome browser and check out the available extension.
- Download Ripple
Nintendo 3DS Emulator
- This emulator is developed specially for gaming purpose
- It supports all types of 3D games to play
- People are mostly interested in downloading the emulator to expect the gaming experience.
- Without using any plugin, it will support all type of high-end games on your PC.
- Download Nintendo 3DS Emulator
- This emulator completely depends on online stuff.
- So it is essential for you to use internet with the standard level of speed.
- The big advantage of this emulator if you don’t need any additional software for you to run this emulator your PC.
- Download Appetize.io
Electric Mobile Studio
- It is majorly working as a tool that used for creating an iOS app, testing, developing and redesigning.
- it will consume a minimum of 6GB ram to use it on your PC
- it will support majorly of all the applications to run on your PC
- Download Electric Mobile Studio
Some Latest Updates Of iOS Emulators
- ‘GBA4iOS’ Developer Riley Testut Announces Beta for New Emulator ‘Delta’
- You can Install Nintendo DS Emulator ‘nds4ios’ without Jailbreaking
- Anyone can Install Emulators on the iPhone in iOS 9.
- ‘HomebrewIndie Games’ is a secret Emulator on the App Store-But it’s useless if you’re on iOS 8.3
- ‘Floppy Cloud’ is the Latest NES and Super Nintendo Emulator to sneak onto the App Store.
- GBA4iOS 2.1 Emulator is available now on iOS 8.1 devices without Jailbreaking.
- GBA4iOS 2.0 Emulator will not require Jailbreak.